My blog has moved!'

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
www.cutifulbaby.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Guest blog post #3: Alexïs from Nana Toulouse

Alexïs is a mother of 3 (just for that, she has all of my admiration!) who is also a freelancer (more admiration over here!) She works as a fashion writer & has her own blog called NaNa Toulouse. If I remember correctly, we've met through Facebook (common friends, common interests... ) but we've physically met a few months ago in the exact same "mommy event" where I met Marie, my 2nd guest blogger. Since then , we chat quite often! She's such a generous person, always has great advices & kind words! Thanks for sharing this post with us Alexïs!


If you’re reading this today, chances are that Vanessa gave birth to her second child!!! How exciting! I’m really super happy for them. Their little family is growing, and Livia will now have a little brother to grow up with.

I was SO excited to try out this recipe! I tested it a few times with my son, Joseph (4 and half.) A total hit! Since then, the kids are constantly asking me to make these “rainbow cookies.”

This recipe comes from an old issue of Coup de Pouce (I gotta admit, I stole the magazine from a waiting room, only to try this particular recipe. In my defense, the magazine was so old that I’m positive that no one will miss it. If anything, I did that dental clinic a favour… but I digress.)




It was only when I was going through my pics that I noticed the half-eaten cookie on top of the pile. I believe it was my sneaky little helper who was to blame!

Without any further delays, here is THE recipe:

Yields 36 cookies. (Well, no. More like 24. Mine must be bigger.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cup (310 ml) of sugar 
  • 1 cup (250 ml) soft butter 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/4 cup (60 ml) of corn syrup 
  • 1 tblsp. (15 ml) of vanilla extract 
  • 3 cups (750 ml) of all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp. (4 ml) of baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) of baking soda 
  • 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) salt Candy covered chocolates, i.e. M&Ms

  1. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and butter with a hand mixer.
  2. Add in the eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Mix it all until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir consistently.
  3. Shape the dough into little balls, approximately an inch and a half (4 cm) in diameter. Place some sugar on a place, and roll the dough balls in the sugar. Place the sugar-covered balls on two baking pans, keeping about two inches (5 cm) in between each. Lightly flatten each ball with the bottom end of a drinking glass. Into each cookie, press a few candy-covered chocolates.
  4. Preheat your oven at 375°F (190°C). Bake cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are firm on top.

When Zack arrived home from school, he was the first to try our heavenly treats! He really loved them, especially since these cookies aren’t too sweet. Zack is more of a salty type; he doesn’t really have a sweet tooth. If you’re like him, chances are you’ll love these cookies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...