My blog has moved!'

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
www.cutifulbaby.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Love at first sight...?

As I'm getting bigger & bigger, I tend to get a bit nostalgic & remember some of the important events that took place in my life in the last 2 years...the most important being Livia's birth.
I can remember almost each & every details, like if it happened just a few days ago!

Our 1st ever mother-daughter pic
I've had this discussion once with a friend... this is not something I've talked about a lot....

When I was pregnant with Livia, I ALWAYS thought that I would cry like a baby when I would get to finally meet her...but it didn't happen! Don't get me wrong, I was totally filled with joy & it was a pretty emotional moment...but there were no tears. That night, when my boyfriend left the hospital to come back home & that I had some time alone with my newly born daughter, I spent a few hours watching her sleep... and I remember thinking to myself "Am I normal? I didn't cry like I thought I would..."

I can't really find the exact word to express how I felt at this very moment... A part of me was almost ashamed, because I sincerely thought that giving birth would instantly result in love at first sight... I knew I loved her, how couldn't I...she was mine. MY daughter...I kept repeating this in my head, guess it all felt so surreal! I felt like I was looking at a little person that I was only beginning to know...she was mine, she had grown in my belly for 9 months, yet, she was like a little stranger, peacefully sleeping right next to me.

Looking back on all of this, I'm sure that many other moms felt the same way when they meet their little ones or the 1st time. Becoming a mom (the first time around at least) is like jumping head first into the unknown. I don't know how I'll react this time around when I'll get to meet my lil' buddy...will I cry? Maybe, maybe not...But one thing's for sure, I now know that I don't have to feel ashamed, because my love for my kids will only get stronger & stronger each & every day...as long as I live! And THAT my friend is a sure thing! :)

Keep in touch!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't cry either! My husband was crying so much that I had to call all the family to tell them the news and I had just delivered our first baby naturally! I think it's normal not to cry. It still was a very tender experience.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...